Referral Banners

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Nigeria woman suffer racist attack in the UK 'terrified'


A hatchet was thrown through the window of the house in Sandy Row
hatchet was thrown through the window of the house in Sandy Row
A Nigerian woman has said she has been left terrified after what she believes was a racist attack on her home.
Adenike Yisa, who has two children, was lying on her sofa in the Sandy Row area, at 02:00 BST on Wednesday, when she heard a loud noise.
She said a hatchet had been smashed through the living room window. No-one was injured.
Police are treating it as a hate crime. The 40-year-old victim said the attack had traumatised her.

"I was really, really upset. I have never been in that situation in my life. I only moved into that house about a year ago and never had any trouble," she said.
"When I heard the noise I thought it was a shot then I saw the axe or hatchet and the big hole in my window. I was screaming at the top of my voice and shaking like a leaf. Luckily my children were in their rooms.
"I didn't see whoever did this, but think it was because of the colour of my skin."
Ms Yisa has lived in Belfast for about 10 years but only moved into her current home about 12 months ago.
Police have appealed for information about the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are naijah for real page

Recent Post

script type="text/javascript">