Referral Banners

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sir Elton slams celebrity worship

http://www.lep.co.uk/webimage/1.6257838!/image/3447786819.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_215/3447786819.jpg
Sir Elton John has hit out at the "horror show" of today's young stars and slammed the cult of celebrity.
In an interview on CNN, the music megastar called today's young pretenders "vacuous and talentless" and said the obsession with celebrity was "disgusting".
The 66-year-old said: "We focus so much on celebrity in our culture and we don't focus on the right things.
"And I'm so sick of seeing celebrities on covers of magazines and on,
tweeting, and on Facebook and reality shows... it's disgusting."
Questioned about being a celebrity himself, he said: "I hate them. I know. But I hate the celebrity that is around now.
"The vacuous, talentless, horror show that get paid millions of dollars for (nothing). When there are people who are teaching kids every day that are trying to scrape by and get a living. It's a joke."
Sir Elton also said he wanted to make his voice heard in Russia over its new laws on homosexuality.
"I've been going there since 1979 and I have had great times in Russia. What's happening there is so awful. But I've been asked to go. People from the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community over there have said please come. I don't want to abandon them. I mean, if you don't go, you know, you're saying "stick it", the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
"What I'm going to do is meet with the LGBT community, see how I can help them, see what I can do for them. I'm going to say something from the stage ... that's going to be meaningful."

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are naijah for real page

Recent Post

script type="text/javascript">