Referral Banners

Monday, November 25, 2013

Rihanna shares touching moment with her mum Monica on stage at the AMAs

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2848908.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/CS52070276LOS-ANGELES-CA--2848908.jpgRihanna accepted the first-ever Icon Award at the American Music Awards from proud mum Monica who said she was "blessed" to be part of the moment
 Rihanna's beaming mum Monica Fenty presented the singing superstar with the Icon Award at Sunday night's American Music Awards.


Proud mum Monica gave a heart-warming speech as she handed the award to her daughter.

"I know the journey of your career has not always been an easy one," she began, "but tonight I applaud and admire you for being so strong and so positive and so humble and so focused... I'm blessed to be part of this historic moment."

Addressing the packed-out Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, the singer, who recently wrapped up her Diamonds world tour, replied: "I'll start by saying just about 20 years ago is when I really started making your life a living hell with my annoying little husky man voice, you would call it.

"And I mean just disrupting the entire neighbourhood. Westbury Road, Barbados, they could tell you that's the truth. I annoyed every one of my neighbours."
http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2848909.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/CS52070265LOS-ANGELES-CA--2848909.jpg
Gushing about the coveted-award, the Bajan beauty also said: "So many people I have to thank for keeping me sane - my friends, my family, my fans. I love you so much. You have no idea. You keep me driven. You keep this thing special.

"I can't believe that at 25-years-old, I'm holding an Icon Award. If you know me, then you know that I love you. I am grateful. I'm only as good as my team, so I love you so much."

Wading into the family love-in later that evening, Justin Timberlake asked the star-studded crowd: "Can we talk about how cute Rihanna's mum is?""She's so proud of the Icon. I am too, Rihanna, I love you," he quipped.
The hit-making songstress also took home the award for favourite Soul/R&B female artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are naijah for real page

Recent Post

script type="text/javascript">