Referral Banners

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cholera kills 13 in Nasarawa

 http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20110907/pirhayati20110907111947933.jpg
 NO fewer than 13 people have lost their lives following an outbreak of cholera in Nasarawa State and Namu in Quan-pan Local Council of Plateau State where victims of ethnic violence in
Nasarawa are taking refuge.
  The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Emmanuel Akabe,
who confirmed this said five people died in Wamba and eight have also been confirmed dead in Namu.
  He said: “I was informed last week that there was cholera outbreak in Wamba Local Government of Nasarawa State. I got the report even in writing from Wamba about the outbreak, so I directed my permanent secretary and a director of public health to immediately mobilise and go to Wamba to authenticate the report so we can handle the situation.”
  “My people went to Wamba and they brought back a report to me that there was an outbreak of diarrhea and vomiting which are some of the symptoms of cholera.
  “So they went in and they were able to test a number of people and from the information available to me, about six of them tested positive having vein cholera which is the organism that causes it.
About 30 people tested positive to cholera,” he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are naijah for real page

Recent Post

script type="text/javascript">