Referral Banners

Monday, August 11, 2014

What Kate Upton was banned from wearing at sports event

What Kate Upton was banned from wearing at sports event
American model and actress Kate Upton caused a controversy by revealing live on a TV show that she was banned from wearing something at a big sports event.
Upton admittedly changed her baseball allegiances from the New York Yankees to Detroit Tigers after she officially began dating superstar Justin Verlander in 2013. And hey, nobody should hold that against her.
She just wants to stand by her man and support his team. However, it sounds like that very public change-of-heart led to some awkward moments when she visited Yankee Stadium last week.
As you've probably seen or heard by now, Upton was seated directly behind the Tigers' dugout to watch Verlander's Tigers play against the Yankees.
At one point, they even had a fun exchange where Upton finally convinced Verlander to toss her a souvenir baseball.
It was a light-hearted and fun moment, but apparently that's as far as the Yankees were willing to let her go to show her support for Detroit.
While filling in on a TV show, Upton revealed to her co-host that the Yankees specifically told her she couldn't wear any Tigers' gear while sitting in the Legends seats at Yankee Stadium.
The Detroit Free Press quoted the piece.
“I used to be a really big Yankees fan,” Upton told Strahan, before continuing: “But I’m sleeping with the enemy.”
“My boyfriend plays for the Tigers,” Upton said. “I had to pick a side. And I felt it too, when I walked in. The Yankees told me, ‘You’re not allowed to wear a Tigers hat. You’re not allowed to wear any Tigers gear.’ It’s like a bad breakup.”
A bitter breakup even.


View gallery
.
(Getty Images)
What Kate Upton was banned from wearing at sports event
 
Then again, this could be a similar situation to last season when Arizona Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick asked Los Angeles Dodgers fans seated in the home plate box seats to change out of their Dodgers gear or change seats because they don't want fans featured prominently on camera wearing opposing colours.
It's not clear what the current Yankees policy is on that, so maybe someone more familiar with the Legends Seats can shed some light on that.
It's funny, too, because we noted the famous "Seinfeld" scene where Elaine refuses to remove her Baltimore Orioles cap at Yankees Stadium during the Kendrick story.
It almost makes us wish Upton had defied the orders so we could have seen that scene come to life. Maybe in October!
It's also worth mentioning that Upton says she'll still wear her Yankees hat from time to time, but only to make Verlander angry before a start.
“He actually told me ‘I like to be angry before I pitch.’ He didn’t tell me before, so he’d seem like he was in a bad mood before he pitched, so I’d be like joke, joke, joke, joke, joke, trying to cheer him up. And then he got mad at me, he was like, ‘Stop making me laugh, I’m trying to be angry.’ I went straight to wearing a Yankees cap.
“He always says anytime we’re fighting I wear a Yankees hat. And when we’re getting along I’m wearing a Detroit hat.”
So if we see Upton wearing a Yankees hat in public any time soon, that might be a really bad sign for Verlander

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are naijah for real page

Recent Post

script type="text/javascript">