Referral Banners

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Don’t Tolerate Dubious, Untrustworthy People, Says Obasanjo

http://www.channelstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Obasanjo-2.jpg
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday expressed his disdain for dubious and untrustworthy people, saying he never want to have anything to do with them. Obasanjo went further to say that he is one of the easiest persons to work with, contrary to the belief in some quarters that he is hostile and
unaccommodating.
He made these views known yesterday at his hilltop mansion in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital when two authors visited him to discuss his relationship with Chief Ufot Ekaette. Mr. Ekaette was the Secretary to the Government of the Federation during the Obasanjo civilian administration.
The discussants were Muyiwa Akintunde and Des Wilson, a professor at the University of Uyo, who are co-authoring a book on Mr. Ekaette.
The former president explained that the major traits he disliked in individuals were untrustworthiness and dubiousness.
“I’m the easiest human being to work with but if you come to do ‘mago mago’, I throw you out.
“Not that I know it all but I know where I’m going. If I’m planning to go to Lagos and you direct me to the North, I will check the compass to know the route to where I’m going”, Mr. Obasanjo said
He implored Nigerians to always utilize every moment of their time with something useful. He added that the country is supposed to have gone further than where it is today.
“(Based on) what I know about Nigeria, we shouldn’t be where we are now. It’s painful”, he said.
On the secret behind his good health and agility, Mr. Obasanjo, who recently celebrated his 77th birthday, said, “It’s God’s doing. I watch what I eat, I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, but if I do any other thing you consider not good, forgive me. I enjoy humour; life without humour is not complete”,
Mr. Obasanjo extolled the virtues of Mr. Ekaette, saying he retained the former government scribe for eight years because he was a trustworthy and competent person whose experience in the civil service aided his administration.
“I (employed) him because of his experience. He is industrious, hard-working and a typical public servant whose experience in the civil service assisted me a lot. He was never a novice in politics; remember he was a former deputy governor in Akwa Ibom. He did his job conscientiously. In the job of SGF, the older the better because of experience”,Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are naijah for real page

Recent Post

script type="text/javascript">