Referral Banners

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Woman who discovered Lady Gaga wins £4.9 million in legal battle

The woman who discovered LADY GAGA has been awarded more than £4.9 million by a federal court.
http://star-magazine.co.uk/dynamic/2/451x567/62692_1.jpg
Wendy Starland sued Gaga's former producer and mentor Rob Fusari, claiming she brought the young talent to him in 2005 when he was looking for "a female equivalent to the lead singer of The Strokes" - and was never fully compensated for her efforts.
Following the ruling this week (beg17Nov14), she told Billboard, "It feels great to be acknowledged for my work in discovering and developing Lady Gaga. I knew that the truth was on my side and I felt fortunate that the jury was able to see that.

"Fusari asked me to find an artist under the age of 25 who could be the female equivalent to the lead singer of The Strokes. I had attended about 50 live performances and searched for countless hours online before finding an artist who fit the bill. Someone who was edgy and bold. Someone you couldn't take you eyes off of. These were the specific characteristics of the Strokes girl Fusari identified that he would need to approve before signing her to a production deal.
"I only brought Rob Fusari one artist for us to work with... and that artist became Lady Gaga."
In her lawsuit against Fusari, Starland alleged he broke their oral agreement to share the profits from Gaga's early success.
She explains, "Rob had made several promises to honour our agreement before attempting to alter it in late 2008/early 2009. I was incredibly surprised when he did that."
Lady Gaga's testimony was used during the trial and helped the plaintiff win the case and the cash. The Poker Face singer claimed Starland and Fusari agreed on a 50/50 split of profits before the talent scout discovered her.
She said, "Rob told me himself. Wendy told me herself. They both spoke of the deal, agreement, in front of me, and one time, maybe two, at Wendy's apartment. Paperwork came through her fax machine, and I know that it was from Rob."
Starland adds, "I'm glad that she had a clear recollection of my agreement with Rob."

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are naijah for real page

Recent Post

script type="text/javascript">